** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Focal)

  nbd: requests can become stuck when disconnecting from server with
  qemu-nbd

Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Impish:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux source package in Jammy:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Kinetic:

  BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1896350

  [Impact]

  After 2516ab1("nbd: only clear the queue on device teardown"), present
  in 4.12-rc1 onward, the ioctl NBD_CLEAR_SOCK can no longer clear
  requests currently being processed. This change was made to fix a race
  between using the NBD_CLEAR_SOCK ioctl to clear requests, and teardown
  of the device clearing requests. This worked for the most part, as
  several years ago systemd was not set up to watch nbd devices for
  changes in their state.

  But after:

  commit f82abfcda58168d9f667e2094d438763531d3fa6