Public bug reported:

I have a server that has been running its data volume using ZFS in 20.04
without any problem. The volume is using ZFS encryption and a raidz1-0
configuration. I performed a scrub operations before the upgrade and it
did not find any problem. After the reboot for the upgrade, I was
welcomed with the following message:

status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
        corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
        entire pool from backup.
   see: https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/msg/ZFS-8000-8A

The volumes still do not have any checksum error but there are 5 zvols
that are not accessible. zpool status displays a line similar to the
below for each of the five:

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

        tank/data/data:<0x0>

I run a scrub and it has not identified any problem but the error
messages are not there and the data is still not available. There are
10+ other zvols in the zpool that do not have any kind of problem. I
have been unable to identify any correlation between the zvols that are
failing.

I have seen people reporting similar problems in github after the 20.04
to the 22.04 upgrade (see https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/13763).
I wonder how widespread the problem will be as more people upgrades to
22.04.

I will try to downgrade the version of zfs in the system and report back

Package: zfsutils-linux 2.1.4-0ubuntu0.1
NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.1
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
Date: Sat Aug 20 22:24:54 2022
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=screen-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: zfs-linux
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to jammy on 2022-08-20 (0 days ago)
modified.conffile..etc.sudoers.d.zfs: [inaccessible: [Errno 13] Permission
denied: '/etc/sudoers.d/zfs']

** Affects: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug jammy

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  ZFS unrecoverable error after upgrading from 20.04 to 22.04.1

Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu: