Public bug reported:

This may be a very complex scenario with several components involved.
But it ends up in v4l2-relayd having allocated 6GB RSS memory, and
suspect this memory increase to be the problem, or is it just a side
effect?

I have seen this error a few times now, and it involves bluetooth,
Microsoft Teams and possibly also Chrome.

It occurs when I start a Teams meeting, but my bluetooth headset is not
connected (possibly a bluetooth bug also). I then do something to
activate bluetooth, and then my computer freezes, for half a minute
(feels very long). When it becomes alive again, then I can see the OOM
in the attached syslog snippet - and Chrome is also killed!

System information:

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        22.04
Codename:       jammy

$ uname -a
Linux kfa-Latitude-5521 5.17.0-1018-oem #19-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 21
09:54:58 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Some package versions
ii  libv4l2rds0:amd64                             1.22.1-2build1
            amd64        Video4Linux Radio Data System (RDS) decoding library
ii  v4l2-relayd                                   0.1.2-0ubuntu1
            amd64        Streaming relay for v4l2loopback using GStreamer
ii  google-chrome-stable                          108.0.5359.71-1
            amd64        The web browser from Google
ii  teams                                         1.5.00.23861
            amd64        Microsoft Teams for Linux is your chat-centered
workspace in Office 365.
ii  bluez                                         5.64-0ubuntu1
            amd64        Bluetooth tools and daemons
ii  bluez-cups                                    5.64-0ubuntu1
            amd64        Bluetooth printer driver for CUPS
ii  bluez-obexd                                   5.64-0ubuntu1
            amd64        bluez obex daemon
ii  gir1.2-gnomebluetooth-3.0:amd64               42.0-5
            amd64        Introspection data for GnomeBluetooth
ii  gnome-bluetooth                               3.34.5-8
            amd64        GNOME Bluetooth Send To app
ii  gnome-bluetooth-3-common                      42.0-5
            all          GNOME Bluetooth 3 common files
ii  gnome-bluetooth-common                        3.34.5-8
            all          GNOME Bluetooth common files
ii  libbluetooth3:amd64                           5.64-0ubuntu1
            amd64        Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack
ii  libgnome-bluetooth-3.0-13:amd64               42.0-5
            amd64        GNOME Bluetooth 3 support library
ii  libgnome-bluetooth13:amd64                    3.34.5-8
            amd64        GNOME Bluetooth tools - support library
ii  libkf5bluezqt-data                            5.92.0-0ubuntu1
            all          data files for bluez-qt
ii  libkf5bluezqt6:amd64                          5.92.0-0ubuntu1
            amd64        Qt wrapper for bluez
ii  libldacbt-enc2:amd64                          2.0.2.3+git20200429+ed310a0-4
            amd64        LDAC Bluetooth encoder library (shared library)
ii  pulseaudio-module-bluetooth                   1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2
            amd64        Bluetooth module for PulseAudio sound server
ii  qml-module-org-kde-bluezqt:amd64              5.92.0-0ubuntu1
            amd64        QML wrapper for bluez

** Affects: oem-priority

** Affects: v4l2-relayd (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bluetooth chrome oem-priority teams v4l2-relayd

** Attachment added: "Syslog with OOM"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1998579/+attachment/5633873/+files/syslog

** Package changed: linux-oem-5.13 (Ubuntu) => v4l2-relayd (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-5.13 in Ubuntu.

  v4l2-relayd freezes system until it is kicked by OOM

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  New
Status in v4l2-relayd package in Ubuntu: