** Changed in: debian

  Apache 2.4.41 corrupts files from samba share

Status in apache2 package in Ubuntu:
Status in samba package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in Debian:

  Wenn I serve a samba share with apache 2.4.41 on Ubuntu 20.04 then
  some files have a corrupt header during transmission. It seems that
  the first few bytes of the headers are truncated and sometimes other
  bytes of the download are not belonging to the file.

  A workaround I found that works is to set "EnableMMAP Off" in the
  apache config.

  See other bug reports like this:

https://serverfault.com/questions/1044724/apache2-sends-corrupt-responses-when-using-a-cifs-share

  This is most probably not a bug in Ubuntu itself but I am reporting it
  here since I assume that a data corruption bug is seen as critical.

  I am also marking it as a security vulnerability since it seems that wrong
parts of memory get exposed during file download. I don't know how random the
exposed memory is and if it potentially could expose e.g. secrets.
  Please feel free to remove the security vulnerability flag if your assessment
leads to a different conclusion.