Confirmed the fix is in linux-hwe-5.19 ... it looks like this:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=77c092e054262b594614bad5e5f47e57c5d29639

** Also affects: linux-hwe-5.19 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux-hwe-5.19 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux-hwe-5.19 (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: fixed-in-linux-6.1 fixed-upstream

  GUI freezes randomly, kernel: [drm:amdgpu_dm_commit_planes [amdgpu]]
  *ERROR* Waiting for fences timed out!

Status in Linux:
Status in linux-hwe-5.19 package in Ubuntu:

  When working normally, random freezes happen. Everything freezes,
  except the mouse cursor.

  I tried from keyboard to: switch to another window, start a terminal,
  run a command to restart gnome, enabled ctrl+alt+backspace and tried
  it to restart X windows, ctrl+alt+delete, switch to another session
  with ctrl+alt+F1-F9 - nothing works.

  If I'm listening to something, the sound goes on for a while;
  sometimes it stops by itself, other times it keeps going.

  The only way to recover that I've found is to stop the laptop from the
  power button.

  For a while I thought it was due to firefox; I installed the deb
  version and then switched to chrome - same behavior.

  It didn't happen when I was playing Hollow Knight in Steam, or when
  I've used the terminal and nothing else.

  Package: gnome-shell 42.2-0ubuntu0.2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Jul  6 14:27:36 2022
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220419)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 42.2-0ubuntu1
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell