Public bug reported:

I have tried installing different Ubuntu distros ranging from the GNOME,
Unity and Cinnamon versions. But I am constantly unable to boot to the
desktop after installing 23.04 or updating from one version to another.
I tried to restart a few times to see if it will proceed to the login
screen.

What usually happens is the screen usually shows the distro Ioading
screen and then an orange flash happens and the screen turns black with
no signs of activity or life.

I am currently using an iMac late 2012 release with 1TB storage and an
8GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M.

  No boot after updating or clean installing 23.04.