We maintain custom LSM stacking and AppArmor SAUCE patches in our kernel
to provide additional features that are not available in the upstream
AppArmor.

We have experienced occasional bugs in the lunar kernel (specifically
with the environ.sh test) that can lead to system crashes / failures
(such as potential NULL pointer dereference).

[Test case]

Run AppArmor autopkgtest / qa-regression-testing.

[Fix]

Apply the following additional fixes provided by AppArmor upstream
maintainer:

  UBUNTU: SAUCE: apparmor: fix policy_compat perms remap for file dfa
  UBUNTU: SAUCE: apparmor: fix profile verification and enable it
  UBUNTU: SAUCE: apparmor: fix: add missing failure check in
compute_xmatch_perms
  UBUNTU: SAUCE: apparmor: fix: kzalloc perms tables for shared dfas

[Regression potential]

Additional fixes are touching only AppArmor specific code, so we may
experience regressions (bugs / behavior change) only in apparmor by
applying them.

** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Affects: linux (Ubuntu Lunar)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Lunar)

  LSM stacking and AppArmor for 6.2: additional fixes

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Lunar:
  Triaged