[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Port in LACP not forward packets after restart one switch in stack -
  Intel x520 (ixgbe)

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  We have several servers connected to stack switches.
  The servers have 2 x X520's and are connected 2x10GB(bonding).
  After restarting one switch in the stack, the port that flaped not forwarded
packets except for arp(one way) and LACP is UP on two ports.
  The problem occurs when the restarted switch returns and LACP will be
connected.
  LACP works incorrect and some packets are sent with a problematic link and
they do not reach their destination. We are seeing a lot of packet loss because
of this.

  If you disable this port, the problem does not occur, if I enable it again,
the problem returns.
  Restarting the server or reloading the network driver solves the problem
until the switch is restarted, e.g. during a switch upgrade.

  Do you have any idea how to solve this problem or how to debug it?

  # cat /etc/netplan/01-netcfg.yaml
    bonds:
      bond0:
        mtu: 9000
        macaddress: 90:e2:ba:c9:b6:34
        interfaces: [ens1f0, ens2f0]
        parameters:
          mode: 802.3ad
      bond1:
        mtu: 9000
        macaddress: 90:e2:ba:c9:b6:35
        interfaces: [ens1f1, ens2f1]
        parameters:
          mode: 802.3ad

  # lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID: Ubuntu
  Release:        20.04
  Codename:       focal
  uname -a
  Linux server 5.4.0-26-generic #30-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 20 16:58:30 UTC 2020
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  # dpkg -l | grep bonding
  ii  ifenslave                            2.9ubuntu1
 all          configure network interfaces for parallel routing (bonding)

  # modinfo ixgbe
  filename:
/lib/modules/5.4.0-26-generic/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe.ko
  version:        5.1.0-k
  license:        GPL v2
  author:         Intel Corporation, <linux.n...@intel.com>
  srcversion:     436CCBE2A80978751F572E6

  # cat /proc/net/bonding/bond1
  Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.7.1 (April 27, 2011)

  Bonding Mode: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation
  Transmit Hash Policy: layer2 (0)
  MII Status: up
  MII Polling Interval (ms): 100
  Up Delay (ms): 0
  Down Delay (ms): 0
  Peer Notification Delay (ms): 0

  802.3ad info
  LACP rate: slow
  Min links: 0
  Aggregator selection policy (ad_select): stable
  System priority: 65535
  System MAC address: 3c:ec:ef:38:3b:4a
  Active Aggregator Info:
          Aggregator ID: 1