My Apple Magic Trackpad keeps losing connection. I use: Ubuntu 23.04, blueman,
usb-dongl Bluetooth v5, Apple Magic Trackpad. I entered the pairing code
"0000". The trackpad goes off very often. It periodically disconnects, freezes
for ten seconds, and then reconnects. Also, if you change the pointer
acceleration settings for the trackpad using the "dconf editor" program, then
these settings are reset and you have to re-enable them. This is suffering(
It's not at all clear how to fix this. Internet advice doesn't help at all.

Packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  Apple Magic Trackpad requires PIN to pair, fails manual pairing

Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: bluez

  The Apple Magic Trackpad requires a PIN to pair upon first activation.
  Such PIN is '0000' which can be entered on a regular keyboard. Once
  connected, it also requires granting authorization to connect again.
  See the two attachments for such dialogs.

  When trying to setup this device manually (after moving it from
  another system, for example), by default Ubuntu will propose a random
  6-number PIN, which can't be entered on the trackpad, which then means
  pairing fails.

  This trackpad should connect automatically, although I don't
  personally know enough about bluetooth to suggest how this should
  happen.

  I have documented a workaround to pair this device here:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/AppleMagicTrackpad

  Once paired the device does not need pairing each time the system is
  used / restarted, it will remember it.

  Package: bluetooth (not installed)
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-15.21-generic 2.6.35.1
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-15-generic i686
  Architecture: i386