After it reboot normally with kernel 6.3, I moved ahead and run the
dist-upgrade to Ubuntu version 23.04, which also installs kernel 6.2.

After the installation, again things stopped working. The kernel 6.3
that was working until just before the installation, now freezes just
after "Loading initramfs" message -- even in recovery mode.

I'm still investigating, but I thought I would report.

  Upgrade from 22.04 to 22.10 won't boot

  I was actually meaning to upgrade to 23.04, but the updater offered to
  upgrade to 22.10 first, so I supposed this was needed.

  After a standard upgrade with the UI, even the recovery boot never
  passes the "Loading initial ramdisk ..." line -- it silently freezes.

  I have removed the "quiet splash" options in grub by "dis_ucode_ldr",
  following some random article. Anyway, nothing is displayed after

  I have the following kernel installed:

  5.19.0-42-generic
  5.17.5-051705-generic
  5.15.36-051536-generic
  5.15.0-27-generic (*)
  5.13.0-19-generic
  Plus a dual-boot windows.

  Just the 5.15.0-27-generic boots, but it doesn't mount ethernet for
  some reason. My motherboard uses Realtek 8125, and it used to work
  just fine 10 minutes ago (in 22.04), but now I'm not able to install
  `r8125-dkms` module, because I dont' have the linux-headers version
  installed for that kernel ... I'm also not able to find it to
  download.

  I also have an old 2080ti NVidia card, in case that has any effect on
  this.

  Any suggestions ?

  Thanks