Thank you for the patch.

I do not know what content this was intended to point to, but we should
not do Stable Release Updates of a package just to fix a broken link in
the documentation - instead, particularly since we have control over the
domain it points to, we should fix it so that the link is not a 404.
Adding a task on the ubuntu-website project for this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160815000000*/http://www.ubuntu.com/fan is
no help here wrt the question of what the content is supposed to be, as
it seems to find only 404s at that URL.

So I think the best path forward is:
- make https://www.ubuntu.com/fan a redirect to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FanNetworking
- update the ubuntu-fan package in the devel series so that the
https://www.ubuntu.com/fan can eventually be deprecated

But I'll wait until I get feedback from the web team before making the
second change.

I'm also subscribing Andy Whitcroft, who is listed as the maintainer of
the ubuntu-fan package, for any additional context.

In the meantime, I am unsubscribing ubuntu-sponsors; based on the above
there is currently nothing to be uploaded.

** Also affects: ubuntu-website

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-fan in Ubuntu.

  README points to non-existent URL

Status in Ubuntu Website - OBSOLETE:
  New
Status in ubuntu-fan package in Ubuntu:

  /usr/share/doc/ubuntu-fan/README.gz (ubuntu-fan/README) reads:

  "More information on the Fan, including more detailed configuration
  information, can be found at http://www.ubuntu.com/fan.";

  However, the aforementioned URL (with and without trailing dot) does not
exist.
  Is this supposed to point to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FanNetworking instead?