** Tags removed: verification-needed-jammy-linux
** Tags added: verification-done-jammy

  Need to get fine-grained control for FAN(TFN) Participant.

Status in linux source package in Jammy:

  This is a public version of the following bugs:

  ----------------

  [Feature Description]
  We need Fine-grained Control of TFN participant for enabling active 2 policy
in Linux/chrome.

  Currently, The kernel has provided __FPS table and cur__state to
  adjust the fan level as per  _FPS table .

  But there is no option to read  *_FIF (Fan Information) and _FST (Fan
  Status).*

  Once the fine-grained control is enabled, we should be able to the set
  the control value from 0-100 through Arg0 of _FSL (Fan Set Level).

  *_FST (Fan Status)*  should report current running RPM and control
  value of the FAN(TFN).

   please refer ACPI spec for more detail.

  [https://uefi.org/specs/ACPI/6.4/11_Thermal_Management/fan-
  device.html]

  [HW/SW Information]
  Hardware: Alder Lake

  Target Release: 22.04
  Target Kernel: 5.15

  Merged for 5.18-rc1

  f1197343f077 ACPI: fan: Add additional attributes for fine grain control
  bea2d9868ef5 ACPI: fan: Properly handle fine grain control
  d445571fa369 ACPI: fan: Optimize struct acpi_fan_fif
  00ae053a0533 ACPI: fan: Separate file for attributes creation

  Platform-independent

  [Business Justification]
  Function enabling