https://bugs.launchpad.net/cloud-images/+bug/2038894 is a related bug to
track specifically the introduction of listening port 5353

  Mantic (23.10) minimal images increase in memory consumption, port
  usage and processes running

Status in cloud-images:

  The Mantic (Ubuntu 23.10) download/qcow2 images available @
https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/minimal/
  are undergoing some big changes prior to 23.10 release in October.

  This is a devel release so this is the perfect time to be making these
  changes but we are noticing some changes that were not expected.

  This bug is to track the unexpected changes and discuss/resolve these.

  The changes that have been made to mantic minimal:

  * Move to the linux-generic kernel from the linux-kvm kernel
    * This also involved removal of the virtio-blk driver, which is the default
for QEMU and OpenStack, but this is being restored in an upcoming 6.5 mantic
kernel and is being trakced @
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2030745
  * Move to using minimal-cloud seed - see
https://ubuntu-archive-team.ubuntu.com/seeds/ubuntu.mantic/cloud-minimal
  * No longer installing Recommends packages
    * This is during image build only and will not affect any subsequent
package installs
  * No initramfs fallback for boot - only initramfsless boot

  The latest mantic minimal images are available @ http://cloud-
  images.ubuntu.com/minimal/daily/mantic/ and are also available in the
  public clouds.

  A package name manifest diff can be seen @
  https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/rRd6STnNmK/

  We have had reports of higher memory usage on an idle system, higher
  number of ports open on an idle system and higher number of process
  running on a idle system.

  To help with debugging I have built and uploaded the following images
  and package manifests to
  https://people.canonical.com/~philroche/20230824-manticl-minimal-
  LP2032933/

  *
20230618-before-kernel-change-before-seed-change-mantic-minimal-cloudimg-amd64
    * Before kernel change and before seed change
  *
20230824-after-kernel-change-before-seed-change-mantic-minimal-cloudimg-amd64
    * After kernel change and before seed change
  *
20230821.1-after-kernel-change-after-seed-change-mantic-minimal-cloudimg-amd64
    * After kernel change and after seed change