** Summary changed:

- set unique bluetooth mac address
+ [X13s] Set unique bluetooth mac address

** Tags added: x13s

** Also affects: linux-meta-laptop (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-meta-laptop in Ubuntu.

  [X13s] Set unique bluetooth mac address

Status in systemd:
  New
Status in ubuntu-concept:
  New
Status in linux-meta-laptop package in Ubuntu:

  On windows side MAC address for WLAN and Bluetooth are similar - like
  off by 4 from each other. I am guessing that a range of MACs is used
  per device (i.e. sequentially for wlan, sim cards, bluetooth).

  On linux side we do not currently have ability to find out the
  expected device MAC.

  Currently setting to static one is ok, but will not work when all of
  us are in Riga with all of our X13s devices.

  [Unit]
  Description=Set Bluetooth Address
  After=bluetooth.target
  Requires=bluetooth.target

  [Service]
  Type=simple
  ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/sleep 5
  ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/yes | /usr/bin/btmgmt public-addr
AD:5A:00:F0:FD:8C"

  [Install]
  WantedBy=multi-user.target

  Imho this should be impoved as follows:

  1) make this wantedby individual bluetooth device, not bluetooth.target
  2) make it bind to bluetooth device, such that it is stopped/started upon
device poweroff/poweron (need to check if needed to set address every time)
  3) make it conditional on btmgmt to be available
  4) set or derive MAC from /etc/machine-id (maybe systemd should be able to do
this for us?)
  5) use btmgmt --timeout option for interactive use
  6) Hopefully above will mean there is no need to do sleep 5 either