** Also affects: linux-raspi (Ubuntu Noble)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-raspi in Ubuntu.

  [raspi] Ubuntu 22.10 does not turn off monitor

Status in linux-raspi package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in linux-raspi source package in Noble:

  I am using Ubuntu Desktop 22.10 on Raspberry Pi 4, and noticed a
  strange behaviour of the screen saver.

  In settings -> energy -> power saving options I selected Screen Blank
  after 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of inactivity, the screen goes blank,
  the monitor says No Signal and turns off, but a few seconds after it
  turns on again, showing a completely black screen.

  The desired behaviour here is that Ubuntu sends no signal to the
  monitor, so the monitor goes into low-consumption mode. But this is
  not happening, the monitor is on and showing a black screen.

  I wonder how to solve this problem, especially given the current
  energy situation in Europe.

  This bug is related to the Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and 22.10 version.

  Package: gnome-shell 43.0-1ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.19.0-1009.16-raspi 5.19.7
  Uname: Linux 5.19.0-1009-raspi aarch64
  ApportVersion: 2.23.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: arm64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown