Public bug reported:

When using Wayland (fractional scaling or not, I use 150% but tried with
100%), the external monitor is very slow / laggy.

In my setup, I only use the external monitor.

Laptop has prime-select set to nvidia, and the Intel one is disabled in
Bios.

I found out that in X11 this issue with the external 4k monitor doesn't happen.
This lag issue doesn't haven in the native laptop monitor also, in either
Wayland or X11.

In order to get to X11, I have to first Log In, then Log Out, then X11
is automatically selected (on first log in, Wayland is used, and you
only have Gnome or Ubuntu options, after log out, you have more
options).

Please let me know what extra information you need.

Package: nvidia-driver-535 535.129.03-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.2.0-36.37~22.04.1-generic 6.2.16
Uname: Linux 6.2.0-36-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME