I've created the merge of 1.2.10 by following [1], then re-added the patch
of Ethan and that of you Artur.

I hope I didn't add too many issues :-)
At least I'm sure I got this whole topic much forward.
The merge including all I mentioned can be seen here (As training material
for how this upload could have been for noble)
=>
https://code.launchpad.net/~paelzer/ubuntu/+source/alsa-ucm-conf/+git/alsa-ucm-conf/+merge/456227

I tested the build in a PPA and while I couldn't test on much real HW (just a
super old NUC and I didn't fully know what to check - it had sound at least)
it is early enough in the noble cycle for you to have a look at that.
I hope that also is easier for you as you might be closer to HW to test.

And in general it seems 1.2.10 is the version for noble, as 1.2.11 would be
expected in ~May 2024. So the merge should have been done at some point.

[1]: https://github.com/canonical/ubuntu-maintainers-
handbook/blob/main/PackageMerging.md

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-ucm-conf in Ubuntu.

  ucm2: soundwire: add rt713 SDCA device

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  In Progress
Status in alsa-ucm-conf package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in alsa-ucm-conf source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in alsa-ucm-conf source package in Lunar:
  New
Status in alsa-ucm-conf source package in Mantic:
  New
Status in alsa-ucm-conf source package in Noble:

  [ Impact ]
  Affects devices with SoundWire-Audio Codec-ALC713 and SoundWire-Jack
Codec-ALC713.
  Without correct configurations in userspace above codecs cannot be used. Thus
in Settings > Sound > Output test doesn't produce sounds and Input device is
greyed out.

  [ Fix ]
  Adding rt713 config files in ucm2 will allow to utilize those codecs.
  Upstream commit added support:
https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/pull/363

  [ Test Plan ]
  Device with the soundwire card

  $ cat /proc/asound/cards
   0 [sofsoundwire   ]: sof-soundwire - sof-soundwire
                        Intel Soundwire SOF

  Before fix:

  1. $ alsactl init
  alsa-lib utils.c:364:(uc_mgr_config_load_into) could not open configuration
file /usr/share/alsa/ucm2/sof-soundwire/rt713.conf
  alsa-lib parser.c:77:(uc_mgr_config_load_file) error: failed to open file
/usr/share/alsa/ucm2/sof-soundwire/rt713.conf: -2
  alsa-lib main.c:1412:(snd_use_case_mgr_open) error: failed to import hw:0 use
case configuration -2
  Found hardware: "sof-soundwire" "Intel Meteorlake HDMI"
"HDA:8086281d,80860101,00100000 cfg-spk:2 cfg-amp:2 hs:rt713-sdca spk:rt1316
mic:rt713-dmic" "" ""
  Hardware is initialized using a generic method

  2. $ amixer contents
  numid=24,iface=MIXER,name='Headphone Switch'
    ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
    : values=off
  numid=33,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 Playback Switch'
    ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
    : values=off

  After fix: after adding patch files

  1. $ alsactl init
  alsa-lib main.c:779:(execute_sequence) exec '/bin/rm -rf
/var/lib/alsa/card0.conf.d' failed (exit code 1)

  (note: assuming that failed to remove the empty directory is not a
  critical problem)

  2. $ amixer contents
  numid=24,iface=MIXER,name='Headphone Switch'
    ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
    : values=on
  numid=33,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 Playback Switch'
    ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
    : values=on

  [Where problems could occur]

   * This change adds new hardware support.

   * The change only adds new hardware support,
     it will not affect other codec device.