This doesn't affect me on mantic with the latest packages/kernel from
mantic updates ppa.

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  zfs-dkms: support Linux 6.5

Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in zfs-linux source package in Mantic:

  zfs-dkms fails to build with the latest 6.5 kernel in Mantic:

  configure: error:
        *** None of the expected "bops->release()" interfaces were detected.
        *** This may be because your kernel version is newer than what is
        *** supported, or you are using a patched custom kernel with
        *** incompatible modifications.
        ***
        *** ZFS Version: zfs-2.2.0~rc1-0ubuntu2
        *** Compatible Kernels: 3.10 - 6.3

  [Test case]

   $ sudo apt install zfs-dkms

  [Fix]

  Upstream zfs can now be compiled with kernel 6.5, cherry pick the
  minimum subset of patches to support the new kernel ABI.

  [Regression potential]

  We may experience filesystem regressions or potentially kernel crashes
  with kernels >= 6.5.

  Package: zfs-dkms 2.2.0~rc1-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: User Name 6.5.0-4.4-generic 6.5.0-rc6
  Uname: Linux 6.5.0-4-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.27.0-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CloudArchitecture: x86_64
  CloudBuildName: server
  CloudID: nocloud
  CloudName: unknown
  CloudPlatform: nocloud
  CloudSerial: 20230801
  CloudSubPlatform: config-disk (/dev/vdb)
  Date: Wed Aug 16 07:45:37 2023
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=C.UTF-8