** Description changed:

  BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2046315

  [Impact]
  On serveral Dell laptops, the screen often displays garbage or the screen is
flicking

+ This PR is just a workaround, the upstream bug is here:
+ https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/-/issues/9739#note_2187863
+
+ After the upstream fixe this bug with a real fix, I will revert the
+ workaround and backport the real fix to Noble and Jammy oem-kernel.
+
  [Fix]
  There is no real fix so far, ODM recommends to use a workaround to disable
PSR2, this is a temp solution, after we get the real fix, we could revert the
temp workaround.
-

  [Test case]

  booting with the patched kernel, If the pannel's edid is in the qurik
  list, the PSR2 will be disabled (checking
  /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_edp_psr_status; if the pannel's edid is not
  in the quirk list, the graphic driver will work as before.

  [Where problems could occur]
  It is possible that the temp solution couldn't work, then the screen will
still show garbage and the screen is flicking, another possible regression is
the screen has no problem before, but after running patched kernel, the PSR2 is
disabled and the system cost more power, but this possibility is very low, I
tested the patched on some dell machines, all worked well.

** Description changed:

  BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2046315

  [Impact]
  On serveral Dell laptops, the screen often displays garbage or the screen is
flicking

  This PR is just a workaround, the upstream bug is here:
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/-/issues/9739#note_2187863

- After the upstream fixe this bug with a real fix, I will revert the
+ After the upstream fix this bug with a real fix, I will revert the
[...]

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-6.5 in Ubuntu.

  oem-6.5: disable psr2 for some panels according to edid

Status in HWE Next:
  Triaged
Status in linux-oem-6.5 package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Jammy:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem-6.5 source package in Jammy:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Noble:
  Triaged
Status in linux-oem-6.5 source package in Noble:
  Triaged

Bug description: