** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-6.5 in Ubuntu.

  Unify some HDA contoller PCIIDs and add new ID for Arrowlake-S

Status in linux-oem-6.5 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Jammy:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem-6.5 source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in linux source package in Mantic:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux-oem-6.5 source package in Mantic:

  To support HP stella's latest machine, we need to backport some new PCIIDs
and corresponding drivers to our OEM kernel, the requirement is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_usKzZDxjtqlUzdOUPXvzNzSzhjRqcaV/edit#gid=1748766508

  This pull-request is to unitfy and add some audio controller's ID, but
  to do so, need to apply some depending patches otherwise it will have
  conflict to introduce the new ID and new driver to OEM kernel.

  unified PCIIDs:
  PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_HDA_ADL_N
  PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_HDA_RPL_P_0
  PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_HDA_ADL_P
  PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_HDA_RPL_S
  PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_HDA_MTL

  new added PCIID:
  PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_HDA_ARL_S

  [Fix]
  This add the audio driver for machines with Intel Arrowlake.

  [Test case]
  Boot the patched kernel on a Arrowlake machine, the audio function could
work. Boot the patches kernel on non-Arrowlake machines, the audio function
could work as well as before.

  [Where problems could occur]
  Could lose some pciids and make the auido driver not work on those machines,
and could not play sound or record sound. But this possibility is very low, I
checked each patch carefully and I verify the patcheset on some lenovo an dell
machines.

  From kernel v6.6, HDA controller PCIIDs are sorted out and unified, and based
on it, added new PCIID and audio support for arrowlake-s, need to backport them
to oem-6.5, this is a preparation for supporting HP latest laptops: