> I don't really know if Fedora does that better or they just failed to
notice the bug.

I have Fedora 39 and Ubuntu both set up on a Z13 and Plymouth comes up in
Fedora with simpledrm; never see the console.  That's why I was thinking
something might be missing and worth looking at.
* Fedora doesn't key off "splash", they key off "rhgb" (standing for red hat
graphical boot).
* Ubuntu sets "vt.handoff=7", Fedora doesn't do anything.  Maybe it's part of
this flow difference leading to the problem?  That's from ~10 years ago, does
it still make sense?

  Annoying boot messages interfering with splash screen

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in plymouth package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  Since upgrading from 20.04.6 Desktop to 22.04, the boot screen is not
  as clean as it used to be.

  Basically, the flow used to be in 20.04:

  GRUB > Splash screen > Login prompt

  Currently in 22.04:

  GRUB > Splash screen > Messages (in the attached file) > Splash screen
  again for a sec > Login prompt

  All of those messages already existed in 20.04, the difference is that
  they were not appearing during boot.

  I was able to get rid of the "usb" related messages by just adding
  "loglevel=0" in GRUB. Currently is "quiet loglevel=0 splash".

  Regarding the fsck related message, I can get rid of them by adding
  "fsck.mode=skip".

  However, I do not want to just disable fsck or set the loglevel to 0.
  This is not a sustainable solution.

  Something definitely changed here. These messages are not of enough
  relevance to be shown at boot by default, and they should remain
  hidden like they were in Focal.

  Obviously a minor issue, but important to the whole look and feel of
  the OS for desktop.