Yes, both contain the fix. We run two cycles in parallel (one for security that
releases earlier nd contains critical fixes (mostly CVEs) and then the sru
cycle that is released 2 weeks after.
This seemed critical and we decided to include in the security cycle so it will
reach end users 2 weeks earlier than usual.
That's why I said it is included in both versions.
Now, please do test  `6.5.0.21.21~22.04.11`, that has reached -updates indeed
in the meantime so we can mark this as verified.

Note that .11 is the version of the meta package, the actual kernel
package is .1

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-signed-hwe-6.5 in Ubuntu.

  The display becomes frozen after some time when a HDMI device is
  connected.

Status in linux-signed-hwe-6.5 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Mantic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-signed-hwe-6.5 source package in Mantic:

  SRU Justification:

  [Impact]

  Multiple users have reported frozen displays when external HDMI device
  is connected on systems with intel graphics chipsets.

  [Fix]

  * backport 49e0a85ec344: "drm/i915/dmc: Don't enable any pipe DMC events"
  from 6.6.9

  [Test Plan]

  * Tested on Intel TigerLake with iris Xe Graphics and no issues so far.
  It seems it affects mostly Alder Lake though, but at least it does not
  cause any issues on other models.
  * It has also been tested upstream
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/-/issues/8685

  [Where problems could occur]
  * We could see issues on systems with Intel Graphics when HDMI devices
  are connected during power state changes.

  Old description:
  It is exactly this bug: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/-/issues/8685

  It was fixed with that kernel commit:

  commit 648d7be8ecf47b0556e32550145c70db153b16fb
  Author: Ville Syrjälä <ville.syrj...@linux.intel.com>
  Date:   Mon Dec 11 23:37:47 2023 +0200

      drm/i915/dmc: Don't enable any pipe DMC events

https://lore.kernel.org/stable/20231211213750.27109-2-ville.syrj...@linux.intel.com/

  which was picked for 6.6.9.

  I'd like to ask whether it is possible to apply that patch to the
  current Ubuntu kernel?

  Best
  Sönke

  Package: linux-image-6.5.0-14-generic 6.5.0-14.14~22.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.5.0-14.14~22.04.1-generic 6.5.3
  Uname: Linux 6.5.0-14-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Jan 11 13:11:59 2024
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20230223)
  SourcePackage: linux-signed-hwe-6.5