This bug is awaiting verification that the linux-mtk/5.15.0-1030.34
kernel in -proposed solves the problem. Please test the kernel and
update this bug with the results. If the problem is solved, change the
tag 'verification-needed-jammy-linux-mtk' to 'verification-done-jammy-
linux-mtk'. If the problem still exists, change the tag 'verification-
needed-jammy-linux-mtk' to 'verification-failed-jammy-linux-mtk'.

If verification is not done by 5 working days from today, this fix will
be dropped from the source code, and this bug will be closed.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how
to enable and use -proposed. Thank you!

** Tags added: kernel-spammed-jammy-linux-mtk-v2
verification-needed-jammy-linux-mtk

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-5.14 in Ubuntu.

  alsa/hda: mute led can't work on the lenovo machine with cs35l41
  s-codec

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux-oem-5.14 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Focal:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux-oem-5.14 source package in Focal:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Jammy:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem-5.14 source package in Jammy:

  The fix is already in the upstream kernel stable-v5.17, no need to
  send this patch to oem-5.17 and unstable kernels.

  [Impact]
  After we apply the cs35l41 s-codec patchset to the oem-5.14 and jammy
  kernels, the mute led can't work anymore.

  [Fix]
  Backport a patch from mainline kernel to fix this regression

  [Test]
  boot the patched kernel, press mute hotkey, the speaker is muted
  and the mute led is on, press the mute hotkey again, the speaker
  is unmuted and the mute led is off.

  [Where problems could occur]
  After merging this patch, it is possible to affect the machines which
  apply the ALC287_FIXUP_CS35L41_I2C_2, but the regression possibility
  is very low since hda_fixup_thinkpad_acpi() could check if the quirk
  is suitable for the running machine. And we did test, all machines
  could work well.