** Attachment added: "version.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2055818/+attachment/5751980/+files/version.log

  Intermittent UI freezes since LTS HWE linux 6.5.0-18

  When running the HWE kernel linux-6.5.0-18 and newer in Ubuntu 22.04.4
  LTS ( 6.5.0-18.18~22.04.1 ), I get intermittent freezes of about 1-5
  seconds of the whole UI (even the mouse pointer stops moving). Sound
  continues to work. There is absolutely nothing logged in the kernel or
  any other system logs.

  I downgraded the kernel in a current up-to-date Ubuntu 22.04.4, and
  it's running perfectly fine with linux-image-6.5.0-17-generic (
  6.5.0-17.17~22.04.1 ).

  As intuition I suspect amdgpu or its interaction with firmware, since
  there is nothing logged in the kernel and its a graphical issue. I
  couldn't find the patch log of the ubuntu kernel, but vanilla 6.5.17
  to 6.5.18 has some amdgpu patches which I guess might be involved, if
  ubuntu 6.5.0-17 to 6.5.0-18 has anything to do with those vanilla
  kernel versions.

  I am attaching the two files (version.log and lspci-vnvn.log called
  no-freezes_version.log and no-freezes_lspci-vnvn.log) when no freezes
  happen now (kernel 6.5.0-17). After a reboot I will attach the ones
  when freezes happen (rebooted with current HWE LTS kernel),

  1)

  > lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04

  2)  linux-generic-hwe-22.04: Installed: 6.5.0.21.21~22.04.11

  3) No freezes

  4) Intermittent UI freezes of 1-5 seconds including mouse pointer when
  starting multimedia applications, looking at images, etc. But no audio
  freezes or anything. Nothing logged in system or kernel logs when it
  happens.

  The freeze typically happens (but might not be always like that), for
  instance when starting a new youtube video in firefox or chrome, but
  subsequent ones work fine for a while. However, it might also happen
  when looking at a newly received image in any messenger app, it is not
  exclusive to firefox, or youtube, or videos.