[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Turning COMPAT_32BIT_TIME off on armhf

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired
Status in linux-raspi package in Ubuntu:

  This will prevent existing armhf binaries to operate correctly, if
  they are still using 32bit time.

  24.04 LTS is likely to be used for 10 years. And if allowed to overrun
  and remain active in the field in 2038 can lead to catastrophic
  failure in the field due to these syscalls enabled and used.

  Also note small inodes cannot be used by ext4.

  I would like to request if we can turn off COMPAT_32BIT_TIME on every
  architecture, thus this will be arch by arch bug report, and arch by
  arch decision.

  This needs to be a per-arch decision, potentially taking into
  consideration bi-arch userspace support.

  config COMPAT_32BIT_TIME
   bool "Provide system calls for 32-bit time_t"
   default !64BIT || COMPAT
   help
     This enables 32 bit time_t support in addition to 64 bit time_t support.
     This is relevant on all 32-bit architectures, and 64-bit architectures
     as part of compat syscall handling.