** Changed in: linux-firmware (Ubuntu Jammy)

** Changed in: linux-firmware (Ubuntu Mantic)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  Intel Bluetooth AX201 needs firmware intel/ibt-0180-4150.sfi

Status in HWE Next:
  New
Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux-firmware source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-firmware source package in Mantic:

  BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2055283

  [Impact]

  We have an Lenovo laptop, after installing the oem-ubuntu-22.04 image
  and booting up, the bluetooth couldn't work at all. Checking the dmesg,
  the bluetooth driver needs to load the firmware intel/ibt-0180-4150.sfi,
  but there is no this firmware in the linux-firmware of Jammy, and I
  also checked the Mantic and Noble, Mandic doesn't have this firmware too,
  Noble already has the firmware since the upstream linux-firmware integrated
  the intel/ibt-0180-4150.sfi last year.

  [Fix]

  Backport 4 commits from upstream linux-firmware, these 4 commits are all
  on intel/ibt-0180-4150.sfi|ddc

  [Test Case]

  Put the firmware into the /lib/firmware/intel/, reboot the machine,
  check dmesg, the bluetooth driver loads the firmware successfully,

  run hciconfig, the hci0 shows up.

  run checkbox testcase, it could pass.
  [Checkbox job `com.canonical.certification::bluetooth/detect-output` output]

  [Where problems could occur]

  Probably could make the Intel AX201 BT adapter couldn't work, but the
possibility
  is very low, we tested the firmware on different lenovo machines with the BT
adapter
  AX201, all worked well.