This problem persists in Kernel 6.5

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-aws in Ubuntu.

  AWS kernels lacking sound support (even snd-aloop missing)

Status in linux-aws package in Ubuntu:

  I need the snd-aloop module (and its dependencies: snd, snd-timer,
  snd-pcm) on an AWS server.

  The linux-modules-extra-aws package (or the one this drags in) used to
provide that module (as a fix for
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-aws/+bug/1970586) but then
stopped providing it (probably when upgrading from Kernel 5.15 to 5.19?).
  That means that this bug is a regression (I didn't find a way to reopen the
aforementioned bugreport, so I'm creating a new one).

  Please bring back snd-aloop (and possibly other modules that make
  sense on a server that doesn't actually have a soundcard).