Public bug reported:

The protection-domain-mapper package (and qrtr-tools) are both installed
by default on the Ubuntu Desktop for Raspberry Pi images, thanks to
their inclusion in the desktop-minimal seed for arm64. However, there's
no hardware that they target on these platforms, and the result is a
permanently failed service (pd-mapper.service).

It appears these were added to support the X13s laptop [1]. I've
attempted to work around the issue by excluding these packages in the
desktop-raspi seed (experimentally in my no-pd-mapper branch [2]) but
this does not work (the packages still appear in the built images).
Ideally, these packages should be moved into a hardware-specific seed
for the X13s (and/or whatever other laptops need these things).
Alternatively, at a bare minimum, the package should have some
conditional that causes the service not to attempt to start when it's
not on Qualcomm hardware.

[1]: https://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-
seeds/+git/ubuntu/commit/desktop-
minimal?id=afe820cd49514896e96d02303298ed873d8d7f8a

[2]: https://git.launchpad.net/~waveform/ubuntu-
seeds/+git/ubuntu/commit/?id=875bddac19675f7e971f56d9c5d39a9912dc6e38

** Affects: protection-domain-mapper (Ubuntu)

** Affects: qrtr (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: qrtr (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Fails (and should be removed from) raspi desktop
+ Fails on (and should be removed from) raspi desktop

Packages, which is subscribed to qrtr in Ubuntu.

  Fails on (and should be removed from) raspi desktop

Status in protection-domain-mapper package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in qrtr package in Ubuntu: