The bug task for the somerville project has been removed by an automated
script.  This bug has been cloned on that project and is available here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1305686

** No longer affects: somerville

  No volume control through D/Port docking station with Lat. D800

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I have a Latitude D800 connected to a D/Port.  My speakers are
  connected to the audio out on the dock.

  Here is my soundcard according to lspci:
  00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)

  Here is some more information from lshw:
          *-multimedia
               product: 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio
Controller
               vendor: Intel Corporation
               physical id: 1f.5
               bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.5
               version: 01
               width: 32 bits
               clock: 33MHz
               capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list
               configuration: driver=Intel ICH latency=0 module=snd_intel8x0

  I need to activate the IEC958 switch to have any audio playback at
  all.  Volume control doesn't work for my setup (I can only used the
  physical knob on the speakers themselves.)

  This affected me before the move to PulseAudio and continues to affect
  me.