Ok, it looks like you do indeed have hybrid graphics, so that could be
the issue - support for support for DRM PRIME rendering was introduced
after precise.  It is mostly working now but is still being enhanced.
If you have a second display connector try using that and see if it
works.

Or maybe you just need the support for newer memory controller microcode
on your AMD Radeon HD 8670M "Oland" GPU which will be in the upstream
3.15-rc2 kernel.

  Low graphic mode

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  After installation process of 14.04 and 13.10 I get "low graphic mode"
  prompt but actually with no low mode activated ( nothing happening).
  Live enviroment does the same. Ubuntu 12.04.3 is working out of the
  box.

  I´ve got HP Pavilion g 17 with AMD Radeon HD 8670 M and Intel.