[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  PCI I/O Parallel Port DB25 25Pin IEEE 1284 Printer Card not detected

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04 LTS w/ 3.2.0-52-generic kernel. Unable to
install an older and much needed printer for a client because the generic
PCI-to-Parellel card is not usuable. Information about the card available below:
  lscpci -vv
  Serial controller: Device 4651:7073 (rev 10) (prog-if 02 [16550])
          Subsystem: Device 4651:7073
          Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
          Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16

  Disk included from china for this card contains this driver, which doesn't
work either:
  pci60806a: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, not stripped

  Driver should be fixed for newer kernel and included by default. It
  appears to be the standard in 2012 PCI to Parellel cards from China
  currently available for < $6 online.

  Similar bug was reported on this guy's blog when I was searching for a
solution online:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbpranoto.blogspot.com%2F2013_09_01_archive.html
  Unfortunately this card doesn't allow me to get as far as he did with the
60806a driver. So it needs some serious work...