** Package changed: ubuntu => linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  USB ports not working

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi ,
     Recently I upgraded my Inspiron 3017 from Xubuntu 13.10 to 14.04 ( Both 64
bit). I am having a dual boot with windows 8 also loaded . The problem I am
facing after the upgrade is with the USB ports. The laptop got 3 usb ports , 2
X USB 3.0 and 1X USB 2.0
  Most of the time when i reach the login screen after booting up , the
keyboard and touchpad doesnt work and PC gets stuck. Then I have to hard
shutdown. After booting up several times , the keyboard may start working.
Sometimes my wireless mouse deosnt work after booting up even when keyboard and
touchpad is working.Same is the case with all usb ports. No thumb drives or my
Nexus 7 doesnt get detected.
  I am posting the result of lsusb with Nexus 7 and wireless mouse plugged in
  Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp.
  Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
  Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

  After restarting several times things may start work .
  I dont have any such issues in windows 8 .
  How can this issue be sorted out. Please help me