Thank you for taking the time to file a bug report on this issue.

However, given the number of bugs that the Kernel Team receives during
any development cycle it is impossible for us to review them all.
Therefore, we occasionally resort to using automated bots to request
further testing. This is such a request.

  With the recent release of this Ubuntu release, would like to confirm
if this bug is still present. Please test again with the newer kernel
and indicate in the bug if this issue still exists or not.

You can update to the latest development kernel by simply running the
following commands in a terminal window:

    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

If the bug still exists, change the bug status from Incomplete to
Confirmed. If the bug no longer exists, change the bug status from
Incomplete to Fix Released.

If you want this bot to quit automatically requesting kernel tests, add
a tag named: bot-stop-nagging.

 Thank you for your help, we really do appreciate it.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: kernel-request-3.13.0-24.46

  5-10 second delay in kernel boot

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  In Trusty I see a big delay while the kernel boots that I did not see back in
Precise.
  Some people have been experiencing this in Saucy too, so I don't know exactly
when it started happening.
  Excerpt from dmesg:
  [    3.740100] Switched to clocksource tsc
  [   14.208118] PM: Hibernation image not present or could not be loaded.
  [   14.208885] Freeing unused kernel memory: 864K (c19ac000 - c1a84000)

  The exact messages above don't matter, they are different on different boots
or on different machines.
  It even happens with e.g.
  $ sudo kvm -m 768 -cdrom trusty-desktop-i386.iso

  My current kernel is
  Linux server 3.12.0-7-generic #15-Ubuntu SMP Sun Dec 8 23:42:09 UTC 2013 i686
i686 i686 GNU/Linux
  ...but the exact version, maybe from 3.8 to 3.12+, shouldn't matter, just run
`dmesg` yourself and check if there's a big delay there.