[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Ubuntu 14.04 local network shares abort connections

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 13.10 to Ubuntu 14.04 and immediately
  encountered problems connecting to and accessing files in shares on my
  local network. Previously I could either navigate to the share I
  wanted to access or use the "connect to server" option in Nautilus,
  and I could read and write to all files without any trouble. Now,
  however, when I make a connection I can sometimes get a directory
  listing, but any attempt to read the files on those shares results in
  an error. This happens whether I am attempting to read an image, an
  MP3, or a Deja Dup backup.

  (Several other people seem to be reporting this same problem:
  http://askubuntu.com/questions/450206/how-to-fix-a-software-caused-
  connection-abort-error-in-ubuntu-14-04 )

  I have been able to establish a stable connection to these shares, but
  only by editing my /etc/fstab file to create a permanent mount point.
  This is far from an ideal solution.

  Please let me know if there are any files I can upload or tests I can
  run to help isolate and solve this problem. I have used the latest
  upstream kernel and have found the same problem. I also tested a copy
  of Ubuntu 14.04 running on a USB stick and found the same problem, so
  this bug is not limited to upgrades. There seems to be something
  fundamentally different (and buggy) about how Ubuntu 14.04 is
  connecting to my local network shares.

  Per Ubuntu bug reporting guidelines, here is information about my system:
  1) I am running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Release:    14.04.  (version.log: Ubuntu
3.13.0-24.46-generic 3.13.9 )
  2) I do not know what package this problem specifically involves
  3) I expected to be able to access files when I used Nautilus (or Files) to
connect to an smb share on my home network.
  4) Every time I attempted to read a file (images, music, documents) the
software I used reported an IO error, a broken connection, or a corrupted file.
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  bhorne     2067 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=39bdbf03-46e0-44a7-bb64-30c9419671ca
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  MachineType: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X202EV
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.13.0-24-generic
root=UUID=960a50ac-6415-4495-a13f-aca7a479e636 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-3.13.0-24-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-3.13.0-24-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                             1.127
  Tags:  trusty
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-04-21 (3 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 02/27/2013
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: X202EV.200
  dmi.board.asset.tag: ATN12345678901234567
  dmi.board.name: X202EV
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.board.version: 1.0
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Tag
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.chassis.version: 1.0
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrX202EV.200:bd02/27/2013:svnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:pnX202EV:pvr1.0:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnX202EV:rvr1.0:cvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:ct10:cvr1.0:
  dmi.product.name: X202EV
  dmi.product.version: 1.0
  dmi.sys.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.