apport information

** Attachment added: "CRDA.txt"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1352379/+attachment/4169653/+files/CRDA.txt

  Network broken after resume

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  We use Dell Optiplex 7010 machines in our student lab. These machines
  are capable of suspending and resuming, so that we don't waste power
  during the night. In our lab we also use LDAP authentication for the
  students. The problem is that networking is disabled once the machine
  is resumed after a suspend. Because of the LDAP authentication,
  networking is required for authentication, thus we cannot login to the
  machine after a suspend. A "work-around" to restart network-manager is
  therefor not an option.

  I have tried numerous things,
  * creating a file /etc/pm/config.d/network-resume with the content
"SUSPEND_MODULE="e1000e"

  Outcome: This seems to break the suspend functionality. When manually
  entering "suspend" it goes directly to the lock screen. The networking
  is still disabled, so I cannot log in.

  * creating a file /etc/pm/sleep.d/network-resume with

   #!/bin/sh

  case ${1} in
        resume|thaw)
        nmcli nm sleep false
                ;;
  esac

  Outcome: Manually suspending works, resume only works when pressing
  the power button. Once resumed the networking is still disabled, and
  thus I cannot log in.

  * creating a file in /etc/pm/sleep.d with

  #!/bin/sh

  case "${1}" in
          resume|thaw)
          restart network-manager
                  ;;
  esac

  Outcome: Manually suspending works, resume only works when pressing the power
button. Once resumed the networking is still disabled, and thus I cannot log
in. After about a full minute networking is restored and I can log in.
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.2
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  lightdm    1285 F.... pulseaudio
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=5f5a9253-499b-4d0a-a0ea-903335a5222f
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64 (20140417)
  IwConfig:
   eth0      no wireless extensions.

   lo        no wireless extensions.
  MachineType: Dell Inc. OptiPlex 7010
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.13.0-30-generic.efi.signed
root=/dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-30.55-generic 3.13.11.2
  PulseList: Error: command ['pacmd', 'list'] failed with exit code 1: No
PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-3.13.0-30-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-3.13.0-30-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                             1.127.4
  RfKill:

  Tags:  trusty
  UserGroups:

  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 03/25/2013
  dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: A13
  dmi.board.name: 0MN1TX
  dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.board.version: A01
  dmi.chassis.type: 16
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvrA13:bd03/25/2013:svnDellInc.:pnOptiPlex7010:pvr01:rvnDellInc.:rn0MN1TX:rvrA01:cvnDellInc.:ct16:cvr:
  dmi.product.name: OptiPlex 7010
  dmi.product.version: 01
  dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc.