** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: ppc64el

  Huge PCI BAR support needed for Ubuntu 14.10

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  == Comment: #0 - Brian Hart <ha...@us.ibm.com> - 2014-08-04 17:26:34 ==
  ---Problem Description---
  Our project requires Huge BAR Support (i.e. support for PCI BAR spaces > 1G)
in Ubuntu 14.10.  Guo and Gavin are working on the kernel changes (and
Sapphire/OPAL changes?) and have already submitted patches.  The patches did
not make the 3.16 cut-off, so will need to be back-ported to the 14.10 kernel.

  I believe the patches are the set described by:

  https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2014-July/119170.html

  Contact Information = Brian Hart (ha...@us.ibm.com), Dave Marquardt
(davem...@us.ibm.com)

  ---uname output---
  Linux tul115p1 3.16.0-6-generic #11-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jul 28 02:00:45 UTC 2014
ppc64le ppc64le ppc64le GNU/Linux

  ---Additional Hardware Info---
  Problem is seen with PCI adapters that request > 1G of BAR space.  We've seen
it with GPUs that request a BAR1 of size 16G.

  Machine Type = 8286-42A

  ---Debugger---
  A debugger is not configured

  ---Steps to Reproduce---
   Add a PCI adapter which requests huge BAR space in the system.  The huge
BARs will not be assigned and the adapter will likely not initialize.

  Stack trace output:
   no

  Oops output:
   no

  System Dump Info:
    The system is not configured to capture a system dump.

  *Additional Instructions for Brian Hart (ha...@us.ibm.com), Dave Marquardt
(davem...@us.ibm.com):
  -Attach sysctl -a output output to the bug.