Public bug reported:

After the OS boots, the keyboard and the touchpad crash and I cannot
even type my password to log in.

This bug is a quite old one, and present in multiple distributions, so I
think it might be a kernel bug, but I am not sure.

The OS itself doesn't freeze, I can use a mouse instead of the touchpad,
and if I had an external USB keyboard, it would work also.

One more thing: when this problem occurs, I cannot simply reboot or turn
off the machine by selecting the appropriate option from the system
menu, because this way the system hangs with a black screen. I can turn
off only by pressing the power-off button.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 with this kernel: Ubuntu 3.13.0-32.57-generic
3.13.11.4

** Tags: crash keyboard touchpad trusty

** Attachment added: "Output of lspci"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1358153/+attachment/4180334/+files/lspci-vnvn.log

  Keyboard and touchpad randomly crash after boot

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu: