SRSI Support was added to the upstream kernel in November 2013.  The
Ubuntu Trusty kernels got this support for 'free'.

Checked the source code for Trusty to verify it was there:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-
trusty.git;a=commitdiff;h=8f8b899563f28ef26e381a6eb90d12dead77389f

Closing out as fix released.

** Changed in: dell-poweredge

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Add hotplug support for Micron's PCIe-SSD devices

Status in The Dell PowerEdge project:
  Fix Released
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  Add hotplug (SRSI) support for Micron's PCIe-SSD devices (mtip32xx
  driver).

  The patches that enable this functionality have been submitted to the
  linux-block mailing list:

  http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=136812385512296

  Micron has been in direct conversations with Jens Axboe to merge these
  patches upstream, as far as I know there are no objections from the
  community and should just be a matter of time before they are merged
  upstream. They may not land in kernel 3.11, probably looking at 3.12.

  I tested these patches with the 3.10.2 kernel and both hot-removal and
  hot-insertion work ok. I had to pass the pci=pcie_bus_perf kernel
  parameter to avoid MaxPayload issues.

  Adding support in Saucy will pave the way for established support in
  the 14.04 LTS release.