Could this be tested on an Ubuntu desktop? I'd like to know what type
this device is saying it is; we already support most speakers as "Other"
audio devices, we support Headphones, Handsfree, etc.

Once connected, you should be able to figure out the state of the device
with the following command:

hcitool info <bluetooth address>

** Changed in: bluez (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: bluez (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre (mathieu-tl)

Packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  Cannot pair with Altavoz Vivaldi Bluetooth speaker

Status in “bluez” package in Ubuntu:

  krillin ubuntu-rtm/14.09-proposed build 9.
  bluez 4.101-0ubuntu19 armhf

  SUMMARY:
  Cannot pair with Avrha Altavoz Vivaldi Bluetooth speaker:
  http://www.bqreaders.com/gb/accessories-aquaris.html

  Device is Bluetooth v2.0 +EDR

  [Note that the other listed Bluetooth Speaker Strauss does work]

  STEPS:
  1) Turn on speaker so that it is in pairing mode
  2) On krillin attempt to pair with the speaker

  EXPECTED RESULT:
  The pairing should be successful

  ACTUAL RESULT:
  In the list of Bluetooth devices a greyed-out speaker icon is listed with the
name '...'
  The name is never resolved and it is not possible to start a pairing request
with the device.