Don't know if that helps, but I just tried the i386 version of Ubuntu 14.10.
(published on the 5th of September 2014).
And to my pleasant surprise video and touchscreen are working at the same time!

Cheers, Alex

  Regression: touchscreen-as-input not recognized in recent kernels
  (Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130)

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Due to bug #1354598, my Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 tablet is unusable as a
  tablet with the current Trusty kernel, so I have been attempting to
  find a more recent kernel for which the screen functions both as a
  display and a touch input device. No luck so far.

  (Well, actually, oddly enough, that's not quite true: I installed the
  05-Aug-2014 01:21 daily live CD of Kubuntu Active, which is i386 only,
  and *that* worked just fine, from a kernel/hardware perspective. But
  I'm hoping to get an amd64 kernel working.)

  When booting either of the most recent Utopic kernel (3.16.0-6) and
  the kernel team's latest build of upstream (3.16.0-031600), the
  touchscreen is unresponsive to touch input, and inspection of the logs
  confirms that the multitouch device is not recognized as such.

  Will run apport-collect. Also the udev logs attached to bug #1354598
  may be interesting.