Binary package hint: acpi-support

I have a Sony Vaio NW Series (with splashtop). Up to (K)ubuntu 10.04,
suspend worked like a charm.

Since I installed the (K)ubuntu 10.10, suspend 'seems' to work, that is
screen goes blank, leds seem to switch off as expected but when I press
any key (or power button) the notebook boots from scratch, instead of
resuming.

dimitris@vaio:~$ lsb_release -rd
Release:        10.10

dimitris@vaio:~$ apt-cache policy acpi-support
acpi-support:
  Installed: 0.137
  Candidate: 0.137
  Version table:
 *** 0.137 0
        500 http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I am also attaching pm-suspend.log

** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags: suspend
--
Sony Vaio NW series fails to suspend in maverick
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/654870