On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 06:32:33PM +0100, Paul Bolle wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 10:27 -0500, Don Zickus wrote:
> > I am concerned about the error you are seeing, -95.  Is it possible you can
> > provide me a 'dmesg' log of your boot up.  I want to see what chipset the
> > perf subsystem thinks it found.
>
> Sure, no problem. Off-list or on-list?

on-list is fine.

> And what messages in dmesg are you interested in? All or just some?
>
> I suppose I should try a boot without the "quiet" kernel parameter. Is
> there some debug parameter that would be helpful here too?

you can just run 'dmesg > /tmp/dmesg.out' after you login and then attach
that file to a reply to this thread.  I'll I am interested in is the few
lines above the NMI watchdog error that starts with "Performance Events:"
But you can post the whole thing for completeness.

Cheers,
Don