On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 7:50 AM Nicolas Chauvet <kwiz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le mar. 23 oct. 2018 à 17:54, Josh Boyer <jwbo...@fedoraproject.org> a écrit :
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 11:12 AM Nicolas Chauvet <kwiz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Cross compiled kernel headers are installed into /usr/*-linux-gnu/include/
> > > instead of /usr/*-linux-gnu/sys-root/usr/include/ where they can be
> > > found by default by the Fedora cross compiler toolchain.
> >
> > Is that a new change in how the cross compilers work?  The original
> > patch was added a long time ago based on the cross compiler behavior
> > in Fedora at the time.  If that's changed, where can we see that
> > documented?
>
> Hi Josh,
>
> Thx for rising this point.
> I've tried to sum-up my current understanding in rhbz#1642037.
>
> Basically this is the first time I'm using the fedora cross toolchain
> to build userland applications.

The Fedora cross toolchains are only built to cross-compile kernels.
It even says so right in the description:

Description  : Cross-build GNU C compiler.
             :
             : Only building kernels is currently supported.  Support for
             : cross-building user space programs is not currently provided as
             : that would massively multiply the number of packages.

I think you've hit an error in a usecase the toolchains don't even support.

josh