On 2/19/19 10:47 AM, Dulaney wrote:
On Gearr 18, 2019 aig 12:26:04f -0800, sgrìobh Laura Abbott:

Yes, that was the case I was concerned about with gcc being updated.
I guess the case would be where the kernel gets built with a different
gcc that isn't yet on a local system. Doing a batched bodhi update
could fix this for stable releases but we don't have that on rawhide.
Requiring the sync also seems like a pain to deal with.

Laura

So, just out of curiosity, why can't these be in their own rpm(s) that get
updated every time gcc does?  If I'm reading you correctly, the gcc modules
are dependent on gcc, not the kernel features on specific versions of the
gcc modules.

No, these plugins are tied to the kernel itself and can be updated with
each kernel version. They need to exist in the kernel spec file at
kernel build time. They aren't dependent on the gcc version per se but
they need to get rebuilt each time there is a new gcc.

Thanks,
Laura