From: Don Zickus on gitlab.com
https://gitlab.com/cki-project/kernel-ark/-/merge_requests/1171#note_617804161

Good to see this patch always evolving. :-) The current approach is nice
because we don't carry an out of tree patch no more as @jmflinuxtx said.  I
still wish the memory reqs would come down (I know dracut/systemd make it
hard).  I remember using 32M for rhel-8 testing I think.  This would lower the
resistance to enabling this more often.

On a side positive side note.  From a CI perspective, one of the struggle with
using test frameworks with kernel testing is kernel panics.  Beaker allows us
console access, which is a side channel thing and not the norm.  Using kdump
and saving dmesg logs on panics, allows tools to easily get at stack traces
when a unexpected reboot happens.  Not a perfect solution, but something
useful when console access isn't always around (or ipmi).

Thanks for this continued effort!