Hi All,

I have  an executable (C++) which is the exclusive user of the some shared
library that it uses only during  the initialization phase.

I would like to free memory used by this shared library, because I am running
on embedded system.

How can I achieve this?

I know that dlopen() will load shared library, and hope that following
dlclose() will free this lib memory.

1. Still  I do not know what method should be used to make dynamic linker look
again into executable and resolve symbols of the newly appeared symbols ?
2. And  how to tell the dynamic linker ld-linux.so to postpone the symbol
resolution until dlopen()  will load  the library?
3. Whether to compile and link executable with this library or leave unresolved
symbols?

Waiting for your advises,
Lev.