On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 11:42:16AM +0530, Harsh chopra wrote:
> I used
> make -j2 all

The number for -j should be at least the number of cores/cpus in your
system, and usually double works well.  I use -j10 for my tiny laptop
and that runs quite nicely.

I suggest running the kcbench tool to get a sense of how fast your
machine is, and what the best -j number is for your system:
        https://gitlab.com/knurd42/kcbench.git

Also, don't build the "full" kernel, only build what you need for your
hardware + whatever driver/code you are working on.  Read up on the
'make localmodconfig' kernel build option to have it create a
configuration file that is _MUCH_ smaller than all options, which will
make the build times very quick.

Good luck!

greg k-h