On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 09:03:17AM +0200, Lukas Bulwahn wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
Hi! thanks for pre-reviewing!

> Sometimes patches show up multiple times in lore.kernel.org archives,
> as some mailing list add further footers, so the same content sent is
> recorded slightly differently in the archives, leading to multiple
> copies. This is not considered double posting, though, as it is
> default to send a patch to multiple mailing lists, e.g., specific
> subsystem mailing list and the general linux-kernel mailing list. As
> long as the message has the same Message-ID, it is clear they were
> sent with one "git send-email" invocation.
cool.  must be something wrong with gmail then. it's showing twice in my
gmail.  i'm not using git send-email, i'm using mutt configured to send
through gmail.

> Usually "{" would be written out as "opening brackets" or as "curly
> brackets", just having a special character, like "{", is not seen
> often in commit message subject lines.
noted, i've changed that.

> Usually, consistency beats style. So, check if this pattern appears in
> any files in drivers/staging/rtl8723bs/ and its subdirectories and try
> to fix all instances within that directory with one patch.
earlier in the same file, the curly bracket appears on the opening line,
except for functions.

> Other than that, it looks like a good newcomer's first submission patch.
that's great!  i've sent it in with the changes.

i would like to work on my laptop battery's charge threshold. it can be
changed in the bios, but not while running. there's a project for doing
this on some thinkpads, but not the framework laptop. any pointers for
where to get more info about this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again!