Hi,

 I am trying to build a kernel that is pretty much the same as my
 installed RH 8.0. I used the config file from the /boot dir and
 followed the steps to config and build the kernel. Everything went
 fine, but once I booted into the custom built kernel, my xserver will
 not start and neither will sshd. The machine that I am using is an old
 refurbished one, which I doubt should matter. Will anyone offer any
 help here? Is it possible that the config file of the installed RH8.0,
 which is /boot/config-2.4.18-14, includes too much or too little
 configuration that the custom built kernel is not fully working?

 Thank you!

DX