On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 02:46:19PM -0500, Asim wrote:
> My driver functions are called using fast call calling conventions for
> calling driver functions. I'm using a  2.6.18 kernel. Is this standard
> behaviour? I was thinking it always uses stdcall semantics.

No, calling convention depends on architecture, CPU type, the use of
register parameters, etc. etc. There is no standard calling convention.

> Is there any compiler flag I can introduce to make sure it compiles
> with stdcall semantics.

There is a reason the kernel is written in C: the compiler does the
gory details for you. Just stop messing with assembly and use C.

Erik

--
Erik Mouw -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]